Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas in Virginia - Christmas Eve

We spent Christmas with my family in Virginia this year. It was a shorter trip than usual, so we were busy trying to fit as much in as possible. We drove up on Friday and arrived shortly after bedtime. It was a brutal drive, but we somehow survived it. Layla is not what you'd call a great traveler, and is at that hard age for any length of road tip. I sat in the back and did my best to entertain her for 8 hours...talk about exhausting! But it's always well worth the effort when we pull into Mimi's driveway.
 
On Saturday night we threw an early 1st birthday party for Layla, on Sunday we had our annual Christmas brunch at the Norfolk Yacht Club, Monday we had our big Christmas Eve party, and Tuesday was full of Christmas day traditions. Our time flew by, but we made sure to make a lot of special memories along the way.
 Eli and Mimi made Santa claus pancakes on Christmas Eve morning. I'm sure this is something that Eli will want to make a tradition :)
 
 My handsome boy. I'm thankful that Liz took my camera for the night and captured lots of cuteness!
 The Christmas Eve party is at my Aunt & Uncle's house every year. Our friends and family always look forward to that time together. It was extra special this year as we got to introduce Layla to more new faces.

 Layla met my Aunt Ann that night. I see SO much of my dad in her. It was an emotional moment for me to see her holding Layla.
 Patrick and Brittany always have so much fun with our kiddos.
 Maybe a little too much sometimes...:)
 Aunt "Wiz" as Eli calls her. My kids probably think she's their second mother. She's so good with them, and always such a willing help.
We ended up going to the later Christmas Eve service that night. Mimi stayed home with our sleeping girl, and Eli joined the rest of us. I feel like he grew up right before my eyes on this trip. He was such a 'big kid' and did a great job hanging with the adults. He did a lot of fun outings with us at night after Layla went to bed. We all loved having him be a part of some of our fun traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment