Monday, December 3, 2012

11 Months

Layla Grace, my sweet girl, you are 11 MONTHS OLD today! The next time I sit down to write one of these, we’ll be celebrating your 1st birthday. It’s unimaginable that a year could fly by so fast. This month we’ve seen you learn so many new things, and become much more independent. At home, you’re so happy just down on the floor playing by yourself or with Eli. Once you learned to get around, you became an even happier baby!

*You are about 18.5 lbs, and wear size 6-12 month clothes.
*Still.no.teeth. How long will we be saying this?!?
*You have been sick SO much in your first 11 months. You handle it like a trooper though! You’re in the middle of your second stomach virus right now.
*You aren’t showing a whole lot of interest in walking. Your new thing is to stop mid crawl, and do the ‘downward dog’ yoga pose. Too funny!
*You learned to clap this week, and have been practicing ever since. You go from waving with both hands, and back to clapping all day long.
*You love the sound of your voice, and try to copy our sounds a lot. You just started saying “hi, daddy” and it’s the sweetest thing ever!
*You are no longer nursing, and down to taking just 3 bottles per day. I’m hoping to have you completely done with bottles before your first birthday. Thankfully you love your sippy cup.
*I’ve been waiting 11 months to say that…you are FINALLY sleeping well!!! No more middle of the night wake ups, and you’ve even kicked your 5 am crib party. We were beginning to think that you’d never sleep through the night on a regular basis.
*You are 100% a mommy’s girl. On a 1 to 10, your mommy attachment is at about 15. I know it won’t last forever, and I certainly don’t mind the extra loves throughout the day.
*You will still eat any and all table foods. You got to try some more new foods at Thanksgiving this year, and continue to amaze us at what and how much you can eat!
*You stayed in your first hotel this month! We spent a weekend in Myrtle Beach and you seemed to love checking out some new scenery.

 
You are such a precious, precious gift. And I can’t help but think about last year at this time, and all of the anticipation I had leading up to your arrival. I just couldn’t wait to set my eyes on you. I love being your mommy, and I can’t wait to see what the Lord has in store for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment