Friday, December 7, 2012

Myrtle Beach Trip

I hate that there's no time for blogging anymore, but that's just life nowadays! I've made myself keep up with Layla's monthly updates, and now I need to catch up on what else we've been up to. The first weekend in November we took our annual trip to Myrtle Beach. It was a short weekend trip, but we wouldn't have missed it for the world. My mom and Tom have wonderful timeshares, so we had a cozy two bedroom suite all to ourselves. Certainly made sleeping arrangements for the kids much easier. My mom graciously prepared a full spread Thanksgiving meal for all of us on Friday night. It was nice to sit down to a hot meal and not have to brave a restaurant after that drive. Since we wouldn't be together for Thanksgiving, we just celebrated a few weeks early!
 
This was Layla's first stay in a hotel, and she seemed to enjoy herself all weekend. Her favorite spot was right in front of the sliding glass doors. The girl loves a good view of the ocean!
Eli's favorite spot was definitely in the arcade/game room. We had to draaagggg him out of there.
He played his little heart out until all of his quarters ran out.

They had several indoor pools and a heated lazy river that Eli and Cindy took advantage of on Saturday. They must have been in the pool for 3 hours straight!
Eli discovered the giant bathtub, and never made his way back into the 'not so heated' swimming pool.
 
My mom and I hit the outlets on Saturday afternoon (amazing!), and really enjoyed that time together. The weekend seemed to fly by, but we fit a lot of fun into a few short days. I think this fun fall weekend at the beach is a tradition that will stick!

No comments:

Post a Comment