Thursday, January 3, 2013

12 MONTHS

 Layla Grace, You are one year old today! You are the precious daughter that I always dreamed of having, and I wouldn’t change one thing about you. You and your brother provide an abundance of joy to our lives. Your daddy and I thank the Lord daily for hand picking the two of us to be your parents.
 If we could describe you in two words lately they would be, “mommy’s girl.” You keep a constant eye on me at all times, and spend most of the day in my arms or attached to my leg. You are completely fine if I’m not at home, or out of sight, but as soon as you spot me, it’s all over! I love the side kick that you are, and I spend a lot of time thinking of the fun girly days ahead of us.

 You are strong willed and rather vocal at times. We are working hard on learning new sign language and words to help you communicate better. You are very observant and love to try and copy everything we do. You’re absolute favorite pastime is eating! You amaze everyone at how much food you can eat, and that you are open to eating just about anything. I’m very thankful for this! We think you are refusing to say ‘mama’ because you think it’s a game now. We try SO hard, and we know you can make the “m” sound, but instead you smile and say all of your other words. Stinker! You are an excellent sleeper and love your bed. You are often times completely asleep before we can even leave the room. You are a speed crawler, and can cruise around the furniture, but still haven’t taken those first steps yet.

 We love you, our precious blessing, and can’t wait to see the plans the Lord has for you. We pray that your relationship with your Lord and Savior will always come first, and that you will always desire to be more like HIM. As you grow, be a Godly example to all that you come in contact with, and love the Lord and others more every single day. Let your light shine!

 Love always,
Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment