Friday, February 3, 2012

A new week

This week has been an unbelievable turnaround from last week! It's been all about settling into our new routine, and finally feeling well enough to function again. I still find myself in shock that we have a new baby, even now, at 4 weeks later. I turn on my computer and see pictures of a baby girl, and am overcome with emotion that she's ours. I wake to her sweet noises in the middle of the night and just lay watching her sleep. I feel overwhelmed at what the Lord has blessed our family with. Two healthy babies. Two precious gifts. And an unbelievable husband and partner for me to raise them with.

She took her first nap in her crib!
Eli is still SO interested in his 'new baby sister' as he calls her. He still wants to be a part of every diaper change, and acknowledges every little noise she makes. He tells us often that he loves her.
Mimi sent a package to us filled with some 'post sick-week' goodies. Eli especially loved his marshmallow cupcake sucker...and who wouldn't?!

This little gal couldn't enjoy her cupcake treat...so she wore hers instead :).

Layla FINALLY got to enjoy her first real bath! Poor thing was in desperate need of a good scrub down when her umbilical stump finally fell off. I'm thankful for another baby who absolutely loves bathtime. She gets so relaxed and loves every second of it. This face just says it all! She closes her eyes and puts her little nose up in the air. Cutest thing ever!
My mom has made a tradition of buying little girls their first baby dolls. Carter's makes the sweetest little dolls, and she had been looking all over for this for Layla. I know she's going to love it! She continues to love her swing. Whether she's awake or asleep, she's happy to be swingin'!

This week Layla has started napping more in her crib upstairs. I usually put her down around lunchtime. Eli takes it upon himself to set the video monitor up right next to him at the table so he can 'watch her' while he eats. I love this!
Last night we had dinner at Nana & Pop Pop's house. This was Layla's first trip to their house. I didn't take many pictures, but Nana had her under the bright lights in the kitchen, and she was loving it!
Bright eyed girl had a nice long chat with her Nana.
I'm so thankful for the quiet and 'normal' week that we had. I love a good routine, so it's been nice to see what our new routine looks like. My toughest job has been trying to come up with new things to keep Eli occupied around the house. We've been blessed with some beautiful January weather, which helps, but I know he'll be glad when we can get out of the house a little more. We're ready to get back into our weekly playdates and lunch outings, and we still have so many people to introduce Layla to!

No comments:

Post a Comment