Friday, February 10, 2012

Last Visit


I had my final check up with my favorite Dr. in the world today. I feel so blessed to have such an amazing relationship with my OB and his staff. I met Dr. Royal back when I was working for Dr. Weniger, and when I soon became pregnant with Eli, I knew that I wanted him to deliver my babies. He's the kind of Dr. that randomly calls just to check on you, and freely gives out his cell phone number so that you can text him anytime with questions. He's the Dr. that sits and chats for a while at every appointment. He helped make both of my pregnancies that much more special, and went out of his way to make sure that we were all well taken care of. It was a little bit bitter sweet yesterday, to think that I won't be seeing so much of them anymore. I was there for over an hour, and they all loved on our baby for the entire time. He made sure that I knew that 6 week check ups were for the sole purpose of seeing the babies, not the mommies ;). Layla's been to his office about 3 times since she was born. Each and every time he quickly gets her out of her car seat and walks her around the office, and spends time just loving on her. I finally remembered to take my camera today and get a picture of them together. I hated myself for missing that opportunity at the hospital.

He's already started working on us about baby #3. I laughed and told him that I'll just stop by the office to say hi occasionally, instead :).

No comments:

Post a Comment