Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Christmas in Virginia - Christmas Day

Christmas morning is always full of such special memories, especially now that we have little ones! It seemed so strange that Layla was already almost a year old before celebrating her first Christmas. She made certain that she enjoyed every second of it too! Eli was both shocked and thrilled that Santa knew to bring his gifts to Mimi's house. It was a fun tradition filled day, and we ended the day with a visit with my dad. I sure do wish he wasn't missing all of this...
Layla and her knew butterfly rocker. She LOVES it (and so does her brother!).
Eli was so sweet and helpful showing Layla the ropes on Christmas morning.
                
Santa brought Eli the pirate ship he had been asking for!

And a very helpful present opener he was!
Layla's first Christmas brunch at my grandparents house. She was a big fan of grandma's homemade biscuits! This is what makes that 8 hour trip worth every second. Being at my Grandma's house on Christmas morning as a family.
All of the "kids" after brunch. I wasn't kidding when I said Layla is often attached to my leg. :)
Layla is attached to Mimi's hip like she is mine. I know it brings back memories for my mom, since Layla looks just like I did as a baby.
Gag gifts are a HUGE deal in our family. The more embarassing the gift, the better. We drew names this year, so we bought a real and a gag gift for our secret santa. It was fun to switch it up a little. Eli will grow up thinking it's perfectly normal for people to receive walking canes and toe fungus cream as gifts. :)
Grandma informed Eli that there was one special gift left for him to go find.

A new bike! My grandparents have been asking me for the past year about getting him a bike this Christmas. They were certain he'd be a bit too small for it, but that he'd grow into it. He showed them a thing or two! He hopped right on it and took off. I know those training wheels will be coming off sooner rather than later. He loves telling people that his bike is a 'Mongoose.'
The new addition to our family this year was the greatest Christmas gift ever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment