Monday, May 14, 2012

Everyday

I have never been so content just being at home. I've always been one that loves always having something to do or somewhere to go, but not so much here lately. I'm loving my days at home with my two little ones. I'm really just trying to enjoy every single second of Layla's baby days, because I know in the blink of an eye, she'll be older and we'll be back to our crazy schedules. Thankfully, Layla is still really easy to take out places, but I tend to only do big outings when daddy is with us. We went to a festival in Bluffton this weekend, and Layla was perfectly content in the Baby Bjorn for over two hours. She slept some, and then did plenty of people watching :). This has made outings SO much easier, and we've yet to really need a double stroller.

In other news, I'm hesitant to speak the words, but very hopeful that Layla is back to her normal night time sleep again :). Everytime she hits a growth spurt it messes her up for a week or so, and really throws me for a loop! But the past two nights she's slept 11 consecutive hours without waking to eat! She blessed me with this new trend on Mother's Day...sweet sweet girl :).

I want to do a better job of documenting our everyday life here on the blog, and not just special occasions. So here's a little bit of what's been going on...

Lots of jumping! She is so funny in her jumper! Can't wait to see what she's like in a few months in this thing.

 Lots of playing! This is one of her favorite toys! She will start to fuss if her brother leaves long enough for the music and lights to turn off. I'm so glad that they are playing together already!
Lots of eating! Layla got her first taste of cereal this week! It was really more like mommy's milk on a spoon, but she's been getting some practice, and is getting better everyday.
 Love that messy faced girl, and her big blue eyes!
 I try to put Layla in her crib for some playtime at least once per day. She loves her mobile and seems to be happy as can be in there.
 She also LOVES her snuggie! I'm so glad, because Eli never really got attached to his. She loves having something to hold on to, so I'm hoping that she'll get attached early.
 I love finding Eli in his bed like this. He got some new books for his birthday, and he's spent hours reading them! There's nothing better than some voluntary quiet time during the day :).

My sweet sleepy baby! This is her during her last feeding before bed. She sleeps through the entire bottle and burping process. Danny and I get a laugh everynight at what she'll sleep through.
And though this is definitely not an everyday thing, my sweet husband surprised me with flowers last week! It was a sweet Mother's Day/surviving another baseball season bouquet :).

No comments:

Post a Comment