Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Eli's 3rd Birthday

I love that Eli has a Spring birthday. It always falls at just the perfect time. Baseball season is usually ending, and family always wants to come in town to enjoy the nice weather. This year Mimi and Papa Tom planned their trip to be here for Eli's birthday, and also for Layla's baptism. It worked out great to have everything in one weekend, but it was a little bit crazy at the same time. I couldn't have pulled it all off without the help of my mom.

We started off with a little friend birthday party on Thursday. We did it at lunch time, and tried to keep it simple. The kids had lots of fun. Eli requested a dump truck/construction party months ago. It was nice and easy, and we were able to use his toys for decorations. This was the first year that I didn't go all out for his party, so I had to control myself!
 My favorite part was definitely his dump truck dirt cake! I think Eli would say the same too. So easy, and so fun for the kids!


I don't think I realized how messy this cake would be! It was like his 1st birthday all over again.

We had more family coming in town for the weekend, so we decided to have a little family party on Saturday afternoon. Eli was thrilled to have his cousins Chase, Jacob and Luke here! 
 That morning we gave Eli his present from us...a scooter! All of his neighborhood friends have them, and he was so excited to finally join the club!
 He's done really well on it so far, and hasn't even wiped out yet! I'm thankful that he's somewhat cautious when it comes to things like this.
 We had pizza and cookie cake that night with family.
LOVE watching these sweet cousins together. 
 We were able to spend some time outside after the party. The weather was just perfect all week.
 Layla caught a nap on Aunt Katie for the second time that day. She's got the touch!

We were so glad to have Mimi and Papa Tom here for the week! I think that was one of the best birthday presents to Eli! He got lots of love and made many sweet memories. He sure is one loved little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment