Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Birthday Cake

I know I've mentioned Eli's absolute love for horses before. He talks about 'neigh neigh's' all day long. My mom found the perfect little horse for him in San Antonio, Tx. It came in the mail yesterday, and this is how I found him this morning :) I looked at him, smiled, and he said 'neigh neigh go night night.'


We haven't even had this horse for a full 24 hours yet, and he's already been to Target, and eaten several family meals with us. I guess we should consider giving him a name if he's going to be part of the family :)

We had another wonderful weekend. We were coming off of 5 straight sick days, so it was bound to be better than our week! My 25th birthday was on Sunday, so we kind of celebrated all weekend :)



All 3 of us before church on Sunday.



On Saturday I was able to enjoy a full day of shopping, and then we had a date night with our best friends Billy and Amanda. We had the perfect dinner and then went to the movies(which we never do) and saw Soul Surfer. Nana and PopPop had us over for dinner on Sunday for my actual birthday. It was delicious as always! Let me just tell you...this was one of the best birthday cakes I've ever had! Nana and Publix really outdid themselves :) We're still eating on this cake, and it gets better everytime! Eli got so excited about helping me blow out the candles!


This boy just adores his Pop Pop. It's so sweet.

This is a really busy week for us, but lots of fun going on! Between Easter, the Heritage, lots of family time, and Eli's 2nd birthday party, we've got plenty to keep us busy! We moved Eli's birthday party up a weekend since my mom had to cancle her trip here. It just happened to work out that most of the Morgan family will be in town this week, so it made sense to throw a big birthday bash with most of the cousins here.



Please keep my mom in your prayers this week. She's having a pretty serious surgery to correct a hole in her eye tomorrow. She's obviously anxious about the surgery, but even more so about the recovery. We're praying that the surgery will be successful, and she'll be back to her normal activities quickly. She won't be able to fly for 6 weeks, and that's been hard news for her. She's always on the go! We're looking forward to seeing her all better in June!

No comments:

Post a Comment