Friday, June 4, 2010

Virginia Zoo

Eli and I are in Virginia this week, and have really been making the most of our time here! We were very sad to come without Dan this time, but he is super busy with legion ball this week and weekend. When I found out that he would be in Charleston all this weekend, I figured that I would brave the 8 hour trip and come spend some quality time with family. My best friend Danielle is getting married next month, and it worked out that she has a big shower this weekend that I could make. It's been a huge adjustment getting use to being home and my mom not being here. It's just not the same and we all really miss them being here! I now know what my mom felt after my move to South Carolina.

We've really enjoyed taking Eli to do some fun 'new' things. We spent the afternoon at the amazing VA Zoo yesterday, and I think Eli absolutely loved it. Other than the fact that it was 95 degrees and as humid as ever. He really didn't seem to mind the heat, and never made even the slightest fuss the entire time. It was cute to see his little mind working as he took in all of the animals that he already 'knew' from his books at home. He practiced all of his animal sounds, and even learned a few new ones. I just wish we had a zoo even half as nice as this one close to us, or even a zoo at all for that matter! I can't wait to go back in the fall when it's not quite as hot.
Taking a water break with the Elephants
Crazy monkeys!


It didn't take him long to get brave and wet!

Riding home in his birthday suit. I wasn't prepared for the water play, but he didn't seem to mind.
We just can't wait to get back to the zoo again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment