Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fathers Day!

I must start by saying that Eli is totally convinced that he has the best daddy in the entire world, as he should be :) There are some things in life that will never get old, and watching my boys together is definitely one of them. I'm so very thankful to have such a kind, loving and devoted husband and father to our sweet boy. We had a really special day today celebrating our extra special daddy! We went to church, then packed a picnic lunch for afterwards. We 'enjoyed' a hot & sweaty lunch in the shade, and let Eli run around for a while. He did a lot of playing and very little eating, but the boy had some new territory to explore!


The heat didn't seem to slow him down one bit!
He was NOT excited when it came time to head home. He was filthy, tired, and probably hungry, but he would have gladly stayed and played for hours.

We came home and re-fueled, and then headed back out to Nana and Pop-Pop's house for dinner. Nana was so kind to feed us a delicious dinner, and Eli loved his special play time with Nana & Pop-pop as always.



We had one tired boy tonight! He had a full day of fun, and thinks that everyday is Father's Day anyways. I can't wait until he grows up and his truly able to appreciate what it means to have such an amazing father.

Father's day is always such a hard day for me, as I want nothing more than to spend it with my dad, or even be able to call him up and tell him how much I love and appreciate him. I'm thankful for the 21 wonderful Father's Days that I was able to spend with him, and always use these harder days to reflect on the great memories that we had together. I will forever be blessed by the legacy that he left.

No comments:

Post a Comment