Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Saying Goodbye

We are so very sad to be saying goodbye to some dear friends this week. Trevor, Karissa, Corrine, and Zach will be missed terribly, and our beach days will never be the same without them. They are making the move to Pennsylvania as we speak, and I can't even think about it! Trevor and Danny coached baseball together for the past few years, we went to church together every Sunday, and Karissa and I were 'baseball widows' together from January-May every year. It's hard for me to even think about what next baseball season will be like without her.
This past Saturday we had a little going away dinner for them at our house. The kids all had a blast together. If it were up to Neely and I we would have thrown a huge going away party, but we honored Karissa's wishes and kept it small and quiet. Goodbyes are just never easy.

I wish that I had some better pictures from the night, but the kids were playing too hard to stop and pose for pictures.





I pray that the Langhals family never leaves the area, because these two guys have a lot of playing left to do! Eli and Kres are so stinkin' cute together. They chased each other up and down our hallway for hours, and then sat on the steps to rest in between. I just love that these two boys are getting old enough to actually play together.

Zach and Eli shot a lot of hoops together, but only when encouraged by their over competitive fathers!

Creeden Family - We pray that your transition is easy, that you will find a renter for your house in Bluffton, and that things will be all settled in time for your new baby girl to arrive in September. Praying that you find great friends in your new hometown, but that you never forget about us in Hilton Head! We miss you already!

1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet! This post made me all teary! We will miss you guys so much! Thanks again for last Sat evening. I didn't even know you were taking pictures. Thanks also for NOT throwing a big going-away party. Not sure I could have handled that. Did you get your dress back yet??

    ReplyDelete