Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Trying to Keep Up

We have been so busy lately. We had a successful garage sale at our house last weekend, and will be helping out with another one this weekend at Danny's parents house. We're hoping to sell the rest of what we didn't sell last weekend. We're also transitioning from the end of one baseball season to the beginning of another. The month of June will be somewhat of a whirlwind, but I'm sure it will be over before we know it. Danny was asked to help coach a legion team on the island, and we felt it was too good to pass on. Even though I think we could all use a break! My only request was that we try and find time towards the end of summer for a family vacation, my goodness we're going to need it!

Eli has been congested, drooling absolute buckets full, and running a low grade fever off and on for well over a week. If it weren't for the excessive drooling I would have thought he had a cold, but he's most certainly working on some teeth. I'm hoping that it's his one year molars, because boy am I ready to get those behind us. I haven't bothered to take him to the Dr. because he's still been his usual happy self despite his congestion and other symptoms, and has still be sleeping well. This too shall pass.

I know I say it often, but this boy keeps us laughing ALL of the time. He is such a mess. Danny and I love sitting down at night and talking about the funny things that Eli did that day. Sometimes we even re-enact them if one of us missed it. I can tell that Danny is just loving these days with Eli, as he's becoming such a little boy and is learning SO much each day. I've been doing a Bible study on Tuesday nights, and they just play hard the entire time I'm gone. Danny loves Eli's new basketball hoop, and gets just as excited everytime Eli makes a basket. We're working on many new words, and trying our best to interpret what we call 'Eli language.' He knows many animal sounds, and has learned which sound goes with which animal.

Speaking of animals...this boy loves animal crackers. So much that he took it upon himself to open up a bag and have a few before lunch!


Here's my little laundry 'helper'


I found a few videos from Mother's Day that I forgot to post.

He's very into crawling around the living room on his head.


He also loves to take a rest in the middle of the floor and saw awwww. He's such a mess!


We have another really busy weekend coming up. With a total of 3 graduation parties to attend and the big garage sale, we're sure to be exhausted come Sunday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment