Friday, May 14, 2010

Champions!

Last night we had the pleasure of cheering on our guys as they took home the 3-A baseball state championship title!! Of course we thought they were already champions in our book :) Karissa(Trevor's wife) and I were so very fortunate to have wonderful friends step in to watch our kids so that we could go and support our husbands. I can't thank you enough Amanda!!! We would have been so upset if we had missed this game. These guys may never get the opportunity to coach in another state championship game. They really deserved it, and we were so proud to be able to witness it!

It was definitely an 'on the edge of your seat' kind of game. We started out with a 3 run lead, but quickly gave them 7 runs after multiple errors. We went in to the 7th inning needing to score 4 runs to tie it, and that's exactly what they did! I've been to more baseball games than I could ever count, and played in hundreds of softball games, but never one as exciting as this. We went on to score 3 runs in the 8th inning, and were able to hold them to 2 runs and that is how the Eagles got their title! It was a nail-biter, and I couldn't stop shaking for the last 2 innings. I truly can't imagine what I'll be like as a parent when it comes time for mine to play in big games like this. Oh wait, a nervous wreck! After last night, I'm thinking I wouldn't mind having another boy ;)
the coaches doing what they do best
The fans storm the field!



Daddy had to let Eli try on his new medal!

Geez this thing is heavy!

1 comment: