Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

I'm so thankful to be a mother to this little guy. He's given me two wonderful Mother's Days in his short little life. I couldn't help but think about my very first Mother's Day last year. Eli was only 10 days old, and we took him to church for the very first time. Even though I was still recovering from surgery, and was running on very little sleep, I was so overwhelmed with joy to finally be called a mother. This mother's day was pretty low key. We went to church, and I was on nursery duty in Eli's class. I wasn't sure how he'd do with me in the same room, but he could have cared less until the very end. When he's really tired, he gets extra jealous when I show attention to other kids.

I had the privilege of cooking a Mother's Day dinner for my wonderful mother-in-law and father-in-law last night. She's always cooking for us, so it was nice to be able to give her a much needed break! We had a fun night together, and of course Eli was a ham the whole time. He was running on very little sleep, and is getting another tooth, so it was nice to have nana and pop pop to play with and distract him for the night. Nana helped him mow the lawn after dinner. Then gave a few horsey rides before bed :) I got some pretty cute videos of him too! He lauged hysterically for about 30 minutes straight while using a bottle of tylenol to press the buttons on his train book. I know, it doesn't take much.(And yes, the lid was secure on the bottle!)






He had a blast playing fun games with his Nana!


Couldn't leave out this picture of Eli & his MiMi from last weekend!



I feel SO blessed to not only be a mother, but to have such a great mom and mother-in-law. I don't know what I'd do without them. My mom is truly one of my very best friends, and I feel so lucky to have that kind of relationship with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment