Thursday, March 7, 2013

Time Away

The kids and I just got back from a two week stay at Mimi's house in VA. We took advantage of this time of transition in between houses, and hit the road! We missed daddy terribly. I was nervous about the drive. Very nervous. Little miss was AMAZING in the car. She absolutely put all of my fears to rest, and was a happy camper on both trips. I didn't realize how much she'd grown and changed just since Christmas. She was perfectly content watching movies and reading books. Praise!

It was so nice to have an un-rushed visit with family, and I was able to see almost every single friend I've been missing. There were days of constant company, in and out, one after the other. I was able to just sit and catch up for hours with sweet friends. I was in desperate need of that! We had multiple play dates with my high school gals and their kiddos. The shopping...oh the shopping! I got my fix. I went to all of my favorite malls, some several times, and had my favorite shopping partners with me. My mom and I got a full (kid free) shopping day in Virginia Beach, and it was heavenly! I had fun shopping for the new condo, and enjoyed having my interior decorator (Aunt Liz) right there with me.

 Eli pretty much lived in a tent for two weeks.
 My mom took Eli to surprise my grandparents at their church one Sunday. Wish I could've been there to see their faces light up!
 Layla practiced her Itsy Bitsy Spiders.
We were able to meet my friend Brady's little boy, Brad. His daddy is deployed right now, but I loved the time I got with his sweet mommy.
 They definitely have one thing in common...food!
 Aunt Liz came to say her goodbyes, and gave Layla a few good final laughs.
It's a shame they had no one to play with all week!
 Papa Tom introduced Eli to the movie the Sandlot. I didn't think he'd be interested at all, but boy was I wrong! He danced, and laughed, and just carried on! He memorized way too many lines from the movie. All of which I hope he doesn't pull out at his first t-ball practice tonight. 

I'm always thankful for the special memories that are made during our time there. As usual, Eli didn't want to leave, and has asked everyday when we'll be returning. Soon enough, buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment