Thursday, March 7, 2013

Mimi Turns 60!

 Our long visit in Virginia fell at just the right time. We were able to be there for my mom's big birthday week. She turned 60, and we definitely needed to be there for that big celebration! We turned it into a birthday week, which seems appropriate to me! We started off with a traditional dinner at my Grandparent's house with all the family. Two homemade cakes, and an unbelievable spread of Grandma's specialties. To.die.for!

 Layla was only interested in Cleo the basset hound. She followed her around for hours and payed no attention to anyone else.
 Eli hung tight with us Uncle Patrick and absolute favorite partner in crime. They get in some serious trouble together. Especially at the dinner table. 

Layla trying to sneak a kiss :)
 My grandparents have the best old instruments. Patrick pulled them all out for Eli to try.
 It's a shame my two came out looking absolutely nothing alike.
 Doggy watching.
 Cake time! 
 We had homemade Blueberry and Red Velvet cakes. 
 Eli had both. And no dinner. :)
 Both of my kids are tight with their great-grandaddy.
 The girls. My Aunt Karen was struck by a nasty stomach virus on party day. 

Photo bombers.

The kids helped Mimi with her present opening on her actual birthday, and then we had a babysitter come for the night. 

 We had a lovely dinner at the Town Point Club in Norfolk. Just me and the old folks! :)

Thankful that we were there to celebrate this momentous birthday with her! I hope I'm as cute and spunky as she is at 60! I can't even begin to express how thankful I am for this mom of mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment