Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Nursery

Layla's nursery is as close to being finished as it's going to get for now! I still have a few things that I want to do on the walls, but some of those ideas require pictures of the sweet girl, so those will obviously have to wait. I've always dreamed of having a pink & green nursery for a little girl, and have always loved paisley prints. I absolutely LOVE her bedding, and couldn't be happier with how it all came together.



We have plans to frame this wooden monogram with white decorative trim down the road.
It's girly that's for sure!
Nana came over one day with her sewing machine, and we made a blanket out of the extra fabric I had ordered. My grandma's making a pillow to match, and Nana is even using some of the fabric in the quilt she's making. I love that Layla will have plenty of precious things made with lots of love by her grand & great-grandma's!

As far as the pregnancy goes...we now have a full term baby in the oven! The pressure is on to get things done, and my list making obsession has gotten a bit out of control. It's been hard trying to prepare for Christmas and a new baby at the same time, but thankfully I started really early this year. Unless baby girl decides to throw a wrench in the plans, she's scheduled to arrive early in the morning on January 3. That's less than 2 weeks away! Eli was 10 days early, so we're anxious to see if she'll stay put until 39 weeks. This baby is much lower than Eli ever was. I'm getting looks & comments everywhere I go now. It's like people think you're going to just drop the baby out right then & there!

Her clothes are washed, the bassinet is ready, and the carseat is even installed. Now all we need is for a Mimi to arrive, and we'll be ready to go! I'm so thankful that my mom will be spending an extended amount of time here with us. She'll get here the end of next week, and won't leave until January 20th. There's just something about a new baby and recovering from major surgery that requires a mom's help! Even more so this time around. A certain 2 year old is sure to keep his Mimi busy for the full 3 weeks :). I told her that she'll need a vacation when she leaves this place!

And just for fun...here's the latest belly pic I have. This was at almost 36 weeks.
We appreciate all of the prayers for a healthy baby and delivery.

Crib and Changing Table: Babies R Us.
Custom Bedding and Drapes: Carousel Designs - babybedding.com
Armoire and Lamp: Home Goods
Rug: Target
Wooden Monogram: Southernpropermonograms.com

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the monogram!! Did you make it or have it made?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Found the idea on pinterest and ordered it online from Southern Proper Monograms. It comes unfinished and you paint it to match your room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the room, its so girly! And those curtains are way too cute!
    (Over from SUYL)

    ReplyDelete