Monday, December 5, 2011

Dr. Eli

Eli has been very into playing Doctor recently. After going with me to a few appointments, he's taken to listening to baby sister's heartbeat. We don't have one of those kid Doctor play kits, so he just uses whatever he can come up with. Yesterday he was especially interested in her well being. We were both rubbing my belly and talking to her, telling her that we can't wait to meet her. Eli then moves in front of me, puts both of his hands under my belly and says, 'I gonna catch her, mommy.' Just as serious as ever, he was ready to take action! Great to know that if we can't get to the hospital in time, Eli is more than willing to 'catch her' for me. ha! We're still laughing about it, and it's definitely something I always want to remember.

I love this sweet boy! I'm trying to take full advantage of our last few weeks together as just the two of us.

Today it really hit me. We are having a baby VERY soon! We spent the weekend checking things off of my mile long list of things to do around the house. Not to mention we've got Christmas to prepare for. It's going to be a busy month, and it's already flying by. My husband is very fervently praying for a December baby, but I'm not so secretly hoping she makes it to our scheduled January 3rd delivery day. I'm just praying for a healthy baby girl, and at least a few good nights of solid sleep before we meet her :). I'm trying not to put things off, as I'm growing ever more uncomfortable each day. Today I could barely make it through Target due to horrible hip & sciatic pain. Oh the joys! However, I've never been more thankful for those aches & pains. It's a constant reminder of the growing blessing that we'll soon be meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment