Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pregnancy Update

I didn't keep any kind of journal when I was pregnant with Eli. I'm kicking myself now because I have a hard time remembering exact weeks of when certain things happened the first time around. Now that we've made it to the 2nd trimester, I want to start keeping track of the little things.

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 14 weeks
Size of baby: Now bigger than a peach!
Weight gain: Still trying to gain back what I lost the first trimester.
Maternity Clothes: Not yet! I should be able to make it until the fall in my regular clothes.
Gender: Can't wait to find out!
Movement: Sometimes I feel tiny flutters when I'm laying on my back at night, but that's about it.
Sleep: Sleeping fine, other than the 2 or 3 trips to the bathroom each night. Also trying to adjust to sleeping on my side again.
Symptoms: The nauseau is FINALLY settling down. It still rears its head at night some, but it's much more tolerable than it was. The last few weeks I've been dealing with headaches, but I'll take that any day over all day sickness. And then of course just being tired all the time.
What I miss: My energy! I'm hoping to get that 2nd trimester energy boost here soon.
Cravings: This week I've been seriously craving cucumbers & pickles. And then red meat (just as I did with Eli). I could eat steak every night.
Best Moment this week: Moving on from the 1st trimester! And finally showing a noticeable baby bump!
What I am looking forward to: Starting to feel the baby move a little more, and of course counting down until our big ultrasound!

No comments:

Post a Comment