Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

We've just had the best Sunday celebrating all of the wonderful dad's in the family! We've been blessed with an abundance of Godly leaders, and I'm so thankful for the dad, grandad, and great-grandad's that Eli will grow up under. It's so comforting to know that all 7 of the young boys in our family have such wonderful examples to follow.

I couldn't help but think back to the day that my husband became a father! I love talking about the sweet memories from that day. The tears that flowed from his face when he saw his son for the very first time. It was a few minutes before I saw Eli, but Dan had already told me all about him. I just remember him saying over and over, 'Ash, he's perfect!' And then crying some more...:)
Such a proud daddy!
Showing him off to Mimi and Nana.

Danny is such a wonderful dad. I love the way that he cares and provides for us, always gentle & loving, and always quick to be silly. I couldn't have asked for a more hands on husband and father. I sure can't wait to see him with 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment