Saturday, August 31, 2013

VA Summer Visit

A few times each year, I like to get all road trip brave and take the kids to VA for a visit. We went to my mom's the first week of August. One last trip before school starts. The kids are always such troopers in the car, and each trip seems to get a little bit easier. I've never been so thankful for my 4 year old helper in the backseat!
 We had several lunch's at Grandma's house. She always feeds us well when we're home.
 We spent a lot of time with Aunt Wiz and Uncle Pat. 
 Played A LOT of Candyland. Eli's favorite game of the summer.
 He challenged just about every visitor we had to a game! Fyi...he always wins.
 He had a slurpee every.single.day. 
 We played outside a lot at Mimi's house.
 Had a big cookout at Aunt Karen's house.
 Love the time I get to spend with my mama!

 Uncle Pat & Brittany treated the kids to a fun night at Chuck E Cheese. It was a first for us, and something tells me we'll be going back!

Eli got some special ticket when we walked in the door, allowing him a trip inside the "ticket blaster." I honestly thought he'd freak out when they locked him inside this glass box, but he did great! He gave us a thumbs up, and did exactly what Uncle Pat instructed him to do...pick up all the tickets off the floor when the thing turns off. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment