Monday, September 26, 2011

Growing

If you ask Eli what baby Layla is doing, his latest response is always, 'growing.' I ended up having to take him with me to a check-up last week, and he was SO good. It helped that I have the most incredible OB ever, who loved spending time with Eli. He and Dr. Royal played Thomas, raced cars on the exam table, and then played the drums using giant medical swabs and a box of tissues. He sat in the chair and had a snack while I was on the table, and his eyes lit up with joy when he got to hear the baby's heart beating. He was cupping his ear to help him 'hear better,' and Dr. Royal talked with Eli a lot about his baby sister. It was so sweet! Eli's also been very interested in my belly lately. I guess it's finally big enough for him to notice all.of.the.time. Just last night before bed the two of us were resting on the couch. He pulled up my shirt and had both of his hands on my belly. He talked to her for the longest time and then began to sing 'you are my sunshine' in his soft voice. My eyes instantly welled up. I love that even before his baby sister arrives, he's learning to be gentle and protective, & soft and sweet to her.

My mom bought a huge box of ice cream cones and some ice cream while she was here for her ice cream loving boy. He's been enjoying his special treats as rewards for good behavior, etc. There's not much that he won't do for an ice cream cone!

I had to sneak in and get this picture of Eli in his bed last night. We've made major progress in the being terrified of thunder storms department, and this was him being very 'brave' last night. He tightly covered his ears and actually fell asleep during the worst of the storm, which is major progress!
We've made some major progress in the nursery this week. Danny got all of the painting done this weekend, so now we can really get going. Her walls are a very dainty 'ballerina gown' pink, and we're thrilled with the final color decision. We laugh about it though, because we were both so sure that we wouldn't paint her room pink, and then we both fell in love with this color. Pictures soon to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment