Monday, August 8, 2011

For this child I prayed...

Last week was a pretty exciting one for us! We decided after my last OB visit that we just couldn't wait 4 whole weeks to find out the sex of this baby. After going back & forth for a few weeks, we finally decided to go in for a gender ultrasound on Wednesday. Danny hasn't been able to make it to Beaufort with me for any of my appointments yet this pregnancy, so we met on the island for a lunchtime ultrasound. We are so overwhelmed with joy to share that we'll be welcoming a baby GIRL into our family in January!!! It really and truly is just starting to sink in for me. We ended up having another quick ultrasound with my Dr on Friday, and he was able to very quickly confirm that she is indeed a she! That's when it became real for me. This little guy is going to be such a fun, helpful, and loving big brother. And we just can't wait to see him step into fill those big brother shoes. He's been referring to this baby as a girl since the very beginning, but now the rest of us can finally join him :)


For this child I have prayed, and the Lord has granted the desires of my heart. 1 Samuel 1:27

No comments:

Post a Comment