Friday, March 4, 2011

Our Week

Happy March! We've had a good week. I've been going crazy trying to think of fun/different ideas to entertain a toddler inside the house. The week started out very sunny & warm, but it didn't last long. It's been chilly and windy, and Eli just doesn't understand why he can't spend all day everyday outside doing boy things.

On Wednesday we did get to visit with Nana and PopPop at lunchtime. Eli must have said their names 5,000 times on the drive to their house!

Now that Nana is working full-time we don't get to see her as often, so Eli got as many Nana loves as he could while we were there.

I think I forgot exactly how long our days are during baseball season. I try to keep Eli entertained with new things on the days that we don't leave the house due to weather, work, etc. He's big into coloring, stickers and playdough right now.

I love his 'concentration face'

And how he sings while he works :)

It's been really helpful to have this little table in the same room that I work from. He can do fun activities while I work; which usually results in me being covered from head to toe in stickers while I work :) I'm so thankful to have the opportunity to stay home and raise this precious boy. I simply couldn't imagine having to leave him every single day.

Eli must know that it's March Madness month. He's been SO into basketball recently. That's also one of his newest words, that we ask him to repeat often because it's just so cute! He's been watching a lot of basketball with daddy. He'll watch for a few minutes, and then hurry off to practice what he's observed the big guys do on the court. This has become a nightly routine.

At least we know he can multi-task ;)

Taking some mental notes



Last night he mastered his jump-shot!


He's always loved spending time up on our bed. He even sat still for me to take his picture yesterday!

Yes, he even surprised himself!

He showed me his teeth..

And tongue...

And hair...

And nose...

And for a quick big boy bed update...All is still going well. We've only had one mis-hap so far, and it's one for the baby book. After two weeks of sleeping well, and not getting out of bed, Eli went exploring in the dark at 3am on Wednesday night. I could hear him talking very quietly on the monitor. Thankfully it was enough to wake me up. I could tell that he was not in his bed. I went in to get him, and could not find him! The little stinker was stuck back in the corner behind his glider. He was pretty chatty, and very much wide awake and ready to play. It took us all over an hour to go back to sleep. Needless to say, we made some adjustments last night so that he couldn't get out. That is, until he realizes that he can jump/climb out ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment