Wednesday, August 26, 2009

'Mommy Brain'

I will forever and ever have my 'blonde moments,' but I'm learning that those moments don't even touch the terribleness that is known as 'mommy brain.' I've always heard of it, but never knew the severity of it :) We had a play date today with Amy and Baby Brinley, the 2 month old baby girl that I will be watching a few days a week when her mom goes back to work. By the way, Eli is quite the flirt already! He made Brinley laugh today for her very first time! It was such a sweet moment to share with them. We had a long and hysterical conversation about how we've totally lost all control of our brains since our little one's were born. From putting dirty diapers in the hamper AND washing the diaper with what would have been clean clothes, finding a box of cereal in the refrigerator, stopping dead in our tracks and wondering what exactly we were about to do, and the list goes on and on. All of this just means that our entire lives have been taken over by the every move of our babies...and there's nothing else in this world that we'd rather be doing! If my mommy brain is this bad already, what in the world will we do when the 2nd, 3rd, 4th children are born. haha just kidding Dan! I keep joking about wanting to have more than 2 kids, and he thinks I'm on drugs or something. However, I remind him every day that the plans for our family are ultimately in the hands of our Lord. With God at our center, we will achieve great things in life. And we will certainly LOVE the little one's that he blesses us with, with every ounce of our being. Let's just give mom plenty of time to recover before we even start talking about #2!

"Every good and perfect gift is from Above, coming down from the Father of Light." James 1:17

I love watching my sister-in-law's with their kids, and wouldn't know near as much about babies if it weren't for them. I feel like I have 3 pediatricians just a quick phone call away! There's not much that they haven't seen or cured over the past few years. With Eli being baby number 8 in the past 4 years, he certainly has the best cousins any kid could ever ask for. We're SO excited to see everyone at Christmas, and are praying that ALL 8 of them will be together for the first time :)

5 of them were together this summer...missing McKenzie, Maddie and Micah. We need some more girls in the bunch!



Just a few pictures from the week...

We couldn't have possible gotten a happier baby. His smile will melt your heart in seconds!



Ready for bed...fast asleep before he even made it there!



He loves his doorway jumper! Thanks Aunt Katie!



Asking for prayer this week for my Grandaddy, he'll have a spot on his lungs removed on Tuesday. They will do a biopsy to find out exactly what's going on. Also, for my family as we approach the 2 year anniversary of my Dad's passing. My heart gets heavier as the day approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment